I chose Earth Day to get back from my absence for a reason. Without the little blue planet we live on, nothing we experience would be possible. I believe it is all of our responsibilities to do what we can to extend our stay on this fragile planet.
I'll make this post very brief. Frugality to me means we take as little from this planet as possible, and put back as much as we can. If we each put back more than we take, our world can drastically change for the better.
New to FrugalNYC? Click here to add FrugalNYC to your RSS reader or Subscribe to FrugalNYC by Email.
Simple Ideas To Help Our Earth
- Consume less food - you'll lose weight and save money.
- Buy fewer electronics - you can get that iPad if you really want it. Just don't buy 10 other gadgets because others have them.
- Use less fuel - Drive less. Use public transportation. Car pool.
- Use less water - NYC is lucky to have one of, if not the best, water supply in the world. Don't waste it. Take shorter showers, use water saving devices to help save water.
- Use less plastic - less bottled water, more tap. Use less disposable utensil, buy good quality utensils you can use over and over.
- Reuse and recycle paper, aluminum and plastic.
- Print less - save your information to pdf files instead of printing.
- Use the library or rent instead of buying books or DVDs.
- Plant a tree, learn to garden and grow your own fruits or veggies.
What ever you are consuming, you can use less. You'll save money and the planet in the process.
You don't have to do much to make a difference. The ideas I listed above are very small steps you can take today. Start today, continue everyday to make our Earth a better place for you, me and all our children.
What about you, what ideas do you have to help save our Earth?
For additional links to frugal tips and tricks follow me on Twitter. If you would like to contribute to FrugalNYC in any way feel free to contact me via email. Click here to add FrugalNYC to your RSS reader or Subscribe to FrugalNYC by Email.