Quick Tips!

9 Books To Bring You Closer To Success

|
Do you read a lot of books? What about books on success and productivity? I admit I read more than I should when it comes to these topics.  I should be putting some of the concepts into practice. Had I put all of the lessons learned in these books into practice, I'm sure I would be more successful at what I do.  So like many of you, I'm still learning and doing what I can to apply the lessons I learn.

New to FrugalNYC? Click here to add FrugalNYC to your RSS reader or Subscribe to FrugalNYC by Email.

Here are the books.  I've arranged the nine books in a tic-tac-toe format, or the Brady Bunch format if you prefer.  Aren't you glad I still remember how to do tables in HTML?  These books used to be on my sidebar, I decided to do some cleaning up and so I'm putting them on this post.


These are all great books. At the moment, my favorite book from the above list is The 4-Hour Workweek, Expanded and Updated: With Over 100 New Pages of Cutting-Edge Content.  This version contains additional content found on Tim Ferriss' blog along with testimonials from others who used some of the concepts and achieved success.  It gives you a blueprint of how to make the best use of your time so you can do the more important things in life, whatever that may be.

If you love reading, you might want to get the Kindle DX Wireless Reading Device (9.7" Display, Global Wireless, Latest Generation).  I think it's a better product than the Apple iPad for reading books.

What about you?  Have you read any of the books from the above list?  What is your favorite?  Do you have other books you would like to suggest?

For additional links to frugal tips and tricks follow me on Twitter. If you would like to contribute to FrugalNYC in any way feel free to contact me via email. Click here to add FrugalNYC to your RSS reader or Subscribe to FrugalNYC by Email.

4 comments:

Jess (Fit Chick in the City) said...

Thank you for the recommendations! I have 4-hour work week sitting on my book shelf and now I know I should read it.

FrugalNYC said...

Hi Jess,

Glad to know this post helped to get you to read ;)

4HWW is a very good book for those who want to live on their own terms. It takes a lot of work, but this book makes it seem easy :) Hopefully I'll get to a similar stage soon.

Thanks for stopping by.

Sammy Nams said...

Nice list. 4 hour work week and rich dad poor dad are the only one's I've read, but I guess I have a new list to get at! =D

FrugalNYC said...

Hi Sammy,

Thanks. The list contains all the books I think are worth reading. Come back and let me know how you like the books! I'm waiting for someone to suggest a great book not on this list :)

Older Articles in Archive