Looking for some Free events in NYC for this week? You'll sure to enjoy at least one of these events.
New to FrugalNYC? Click here to add FrugalNYC to your RSS reader or Subscribe to FrugalNYC by Email.
- Enjoy great food at your favorite restaurant during Restaurant Week. Need another reason to dine out? If having three courses for the price of one isn't enough; you'll get a $15 statement credit if you dine out three or more times at any participating restaurants during NYC Restaurant Week. Just pay with your registered American Express Card.
- Jaliya Kafo, Master kora player and BRIO (Bronx Recognizes Its Own) Award winner, performs at David Rubentein Atrium at Lincoln Center. Thursday January 28, 2010 at 8:30 pm
- Marine Mammal Watch: The beach may be empty of all its human swimmers, but don't forget about the seals, whales, and dolphins! Come learn about local marine mammals and try and catch a glimpse of them. Saturday, January 30, 2010 11:00 a.m. Coney Island Beach (Boardwalk at West 10th Street)
- Advanced Hiking: Hike at a vigorous pace through the Inwood forest to Dyckman fields and over to Fort Tryon. Bring proper footwear and prepare for a challenge. Inwood Hill Nature Center, Inwood Hill Park (Enter park at West 218th Street and Indian Road) Manhattan. Saturday, January 30, 2010 10:00 a.m.
- Birds of "Paradise": A walk through this diverse habitat to see winter waterfowl, shorebirds, and many forest dwellers. Binoculars recommended. Powell's Cove Park, Intersection of 130th Street and 11th Avenue, Queens. Sunday, January 31, 2010 11:00 a.m.
Know of any other upcoming events coming soon? Share them with us in the comments. If you would like to contribute or guest post on FrugalNYC, email or send us a tweet.
- 2010 New York City Restaurants (ZAGAT Restaurant Guides)
- Not for Tourists 2010 Guide to New York City (Not for Tourists Guidebook)
- Frommer's NYC Free & Dirt Cheap (Frommer's Free & Dirt Cheap)
If you love Reading, you may be interested in the Kindle DX Wireless Reading Device (9.7" Display, Global Wireless, Latest Generation). Largest screen size on a Kindle yet!
For additional links to frugal tips and tricks follow me on Twitter. If you would like to contribute to FrugalNYC in any way feel free to contact me via email. Click here to add FrugalNYC to your RSS reader or Subscribe to FrugalNYC by Email.