Quick Tips!

7 Super Duper Games For Free

|

New to FrugalNYC? Click here to add FrugalNYC to your RSS reader or Subscribe to FrugalNYC by Email.


I've always been a video game fan, though I never got into the hardcore gaming world. I'm more of a casual gamer. In the past, I have been known to spend hours in front of a TV screen with an NES or Playstation gaming system, wasting (entertaining?) my days away. I have since, gotten older and "wiser". I don't play much video games on a regular basis anymore, though I do enjoy a quick break from my routine with on the go games or a quick game with the below titles.

These are all "Flash games" that I have come upon in the last several years. They are very creative games and I have enjoyed them for one reason or another.

  1. Flow - a very original game when it came out. This is an online version and it can eat up several hours of your time. Play with caution ;)
  2. Chronotron - an original puzzle game based on the concept of time travel, one of my current favorites!
  3. Portal flash version - Portal was one of last year's surprise hits. This is a 2D version of the game and plays well, though I've gotten stuck in one of the earlier levels.
  4. Bloons Tower Defense - There are many Tower defense type games out there. This one is based on the Bloons (yes it's spelled that way) characters.
  5. Bloons - Pop the Balloons! Play as a balloon popping monkey! This is addictive and fun! Very much like Puzzle Bobble or Circle Popper from my Blackberry games list.
  6. N - This is a great 2D puzzle game with a great Physics engine. Try it, you'll like it! It reminds me of Megaman. You can download a copy for your PC, Mac or Linux computer.
  7. Filler - Just found this one recently. Its a rehash of an old game, but done very well.
There are many free Online gaming hubs with similar games. My favorites for now are:

Kongregate
Addicting Games
GamePro Free Games
Y8
Smashing.com

Hope you like this list, please let us know your favorites in the comments section. If you know of additional gaming networks, I'd be happy to update this post with it! This post will be one my favorites, and perhaps yours as well!

For additional links to frugal tips and tricks follow me on Twitter. If you would like to contribute to FrugalNYC in any way feel free to contact me via emailClick here to add FrugalNYC to your RSS reader or Subscribe to FrugalNYC by Email.

Photo by TheAlieness GiselaGiardino²³

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello!
I just want to say thank you for visiting my site!

Am happy to visit your as well and you've tempted me to try at least one of these games:0) Will let you know how I do.

And if there is anything I can do to help with your site, please let me know.

Nice to meet you,
Henie

FrugalNYC said...

Hi Henie!

You have a great site and its definitely worth regular visits :) Added you to my blogroll on this site. Hope my readers will take away as much from you as I did.

I'm glad to hear you enjoy a visit to my site. Give the games a shot, the worst outcome is you end up spending hour playing one of these games...like I did last night :-P

Thanks for the offer and I may take you up on that. Keep up the great content on your site!

yas said...

try http://www.pic44.com it's a great flash game website

FrugalNYC said...

@yas

Thanks for the link. Looks like it's got a good number of games there.

Gina @ MoneywiseMoms said...

Flow has been banned in our house. We're suckers for good games.

FrugalNYC said...

Hi Gina,

Flow is a great game! Now that you mention it, the kids have not seen it yet. Probably for the better ;)

thanks for the visit!

Older Articles in Archive