New to FrugalNYC? Click here to add FrugalNYC to your RSS reader or Subscribe to FrugalNYC by Email.
Here are 8 uses for your mobile device:
- Counter - Have you ever had to count a large number of things, but got interrupted and lost count? Well that will no longer be a problem if you have a calculator function in your phone or PDA device. Just start the calculator, press 1 plus 1 and then keep hitting the "=" button (whatever button that may be on your device) for every additional count. Instant bean counter!
- Tip Calculator - One of my cell phones contain a tip calculator. Even if your's does not, as long as the calculator function is there, it's easy to calculate a tip. Just type in the amount and then multiply it by "1.xx" where xx is the percent tip you want to leave.
- Watch - I hardly ever use my watch since I always have my Blackberry and phone with me. How many of you actually have a watch that you use to tell time? I bet most of you use your watch more as an accessory than a watch.
- Alarm clock - Since most people have a cell phone, you no longer need another alarm clock. Just download your favorite tune to wake up to and you have a customizable alarm clock.
- Flash light - I use my blackberry for a night light / flash light. Since it's usually near me, it's easier to find than a regular flashlight which sits in a drawer that never gets put to use.
- Password generator and manager - My blackberry has an application that stores passwords and generates secure random passwords. All I ever need is to memorize one password to get into the application and I'll never have to remember hundreds of passwords again! Your iPhone or Droid probably have similar applications, use it!
- Draft your next book - no worrying about fonts and typefaces, just type away and you'll soon have your next best seller!
- Emergency Phone - old phones can be recycled. If you have an old phone with good battery life, but no longer under contract, you can still use it as an emergency phone. Calling 911 does not require service. I keep one around just in case.
For additional links to frugal tips and tricks follow me on Twitter. If you would like to contribute to FrugalNYC in any way feel free to contact me via email. Click here to add FrugalNYC to your RSS reader or Subscribe to FrugalNYC by Email.