The 2009 Pumpkin Festival is an annual event to celebrate the fall harvest season that will take place on Saturday, October 24 and features a scarecrow design competition and pumpkin giveaway.
Central Park, Manhattan
October 24, 2009
12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
This year's Pumpkin Festival will take place from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. in Central Park by 72nd Street. The programming will including:
- Spooktacular Haunted House
- Citywide Scarecrow Design Competition
- Pumpkin Patch – kids take home a free pumpkin!
- Pumpkin carving & decorating stations
- Hay rides
- Walkabout characters
- Face painting
- Greenmarket vendors
- Live entertainment from The Big Apple Circus, Kidrockers, and more!
For additional links to frugal tips and tricks follow me on Twitter. If you would like to contribute to FrugalNYC in any way feel free to contact me via email. Click here to add FrugalNYC to your RSS reader or Subscribe to FrugalNYC by Email.