If you enjoyed 10 Free Things To Do In Queens last week, here are some more free things to do in Queens!
- World Fair Marina - Take a stroll and watch the boats go by, not to mention airplanes taking off and landing in La Guardia airport.
- Guided tour of the historic Poppenhusen Institute - Located at 114-04 14th Road, College Point. Wednesdays and Saturdays in June from 11 A.M. - 3 P.M. Visit the first free kindergarten in the US, the old village jail cells and more.
- Voelker Orth Museum - A bird Sanctuary and Victorian Garden. The homestead of three generations of a German immigrant family who settled in Flushing at the end of the 19th Century. located at 149-19 38th Ave. Flushing. Free guided tours for groups every Saturday and Sunday from 1-4 P.M and Wednesday afternoons.
- NY Hall of Science Farmers Market - Sundays from 10 A.M. - 4 P.M. from June 14-November 15. Located at 111 Street and 48th Avenue
- NY Hall of Science - Free Admission on Fridays from 2-5 P.M and Sundays from 10-11 A.M. September through June.
- Fort Totten Park - Go fishing or just sit by the water of the Long Island Sound. Many other activities are available at this great park.
- Live at the Gantries - Free performing arts. Tuesdays at 7 P.M. June 14 - August 18. At Gantry Plaza State Park, 49th Ave. along the East River in LIC
- Queens College - Take a stroll or tour through a college campus in a not too urban environment.
Hope you like this list!
For additional links to frugal tips and tricks follow me on Twitter. If you would like to contribute to FrugalNYC in any way feel free to contact me via email. Click here to add FrugalNYC to your RSS reader or Subscribe to FrugalNYC by Email.