I've been to the Queens Zoo with my family numerous times in the past several months. We are WCS members so entrance is free. Even if you are not a member of the Wildlife Conservation Society, the entrance fee to the Queens Zoo is very affordable.
Here are 9 things you may find interesting about the Queens Zoo.
- The Queens Zoo is located in Flushing Meadows Corona Park
- The New York Hall Of Science is a neighboring attraction.
- The Queens Zoo is home to two Lynxes, that meows like an owl's hoot!
- 111 Street 7 train Subway station is the closest subway train
- Playground for all Children is a neighboring free attraction.
- Admission is free for WCS members.
- The Queens Zoo contains a petting zoo, where you can feed many farm animals
- The Aviary is my favorite feature of the zoo.
- The Queens Museum and Theathre in the park are also steps away from the Zoo!
Have you been to the Queens Zoo? What do you know about it? What's your favorite feature of the zoo?
For additional links to frugal tips and tricks follow me on Twitter. If you would like to contribute to FrugalNYC in any way, feel free to contact me via email. Click here to add FrugalNYC to your RSS reader or Subscribe to FrugalNYC by Email.
Photo by law_keven