Quick Tips!

Windows Remote Desktop

|

I was helping someone connect from their computer to another computer within our corporate Windows domain today and thought I had given specific enough instructions to complete the job. I sent a saved .rdp file with the remote desktop client name within our network. All that was needed is the login credentials, which was provided. A few minutes later, I had to go visit and see what was wrong and what did I leave out in the instructions.

Upon visiting, once the .rdp icon was clicked, it came up with a prompt for User name and Password seen to the left here. At this point, just put in domain\username followed by the password in the field below and you'll be in the machine.

If your password or username was incorrect, you will see the following screen, and you can retry with the correct username and password.

To get to the Windows Remote Desktop client you can done one of the following:
  • Start -> Run -> type "MSTSC" and then put the computer name or IP address in.
  • Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Remote Desktop Connection

Hope this is helpful you. If you have any questions about this, leave me a comment and I'll get back to you shortly.

Did I leave any details out? Do you find Remote Desktop useful? If so, why?

0 comments:

Older Articles in Archive