Quick Tips!

3 YouTube Apps for Windows Phone

|
New to FrugalNYC? Click here to add FrugalNYC to your RSS reader or Subscribe to FrugalNYC by Email.

If you read my last post, you'll know that I've been playing with a Nokia Lumia 520 Windows phone.  One of the things I mentioned I do with the phone is browse the web via WiFi.  That includes YouTube videos.  The problem is, there is no official Google YouTube app for the Windows phone.

Here are three 3rd party Windows Phone YouTube Apps currently available:


  1. myTube - 99 cent
  2. Metrotube - 99 cent
  3. Toib - 99 cent, but there is a free trial

I have not used these apps before, as I did not want to pay for an app that I would used occasionally.  I have only viewed YouTube videos right within the built in Internet Explorer browser.  These apps provide some additional functionality like playlists, HD video, and other fine details you may not get with the browser based viewing.

My favorite browser for viewing YouTube videos for the Windows Phone is UC Browser.  This browser is free and it allows you to save offline content to view and show your friends later.  One of the best features of the Nokia Phone is the offline music, Maps and YouTube videos.  I'll go into detail on how I do this in a future post.

How do you view YouTube videos on your Windows phone?

For additional links to frugal tips and tricks follow me on Twitter. If you would like to contribute to FrugalNYC in any way feel free to contact me via email. Click here to add FrugalNYC to your RSS reader or Subscribe to FrugalNYC by Email.

0 comments:

Older Articles in Archive