New to FrugalNYC? Click here to add FrugalNYC to your RSS reader or Subscribe to FrugalNYC by Email.
As the holidays approach, Nicole Bouchard Boles, author of How to Be an Everyday Philanthropist, offers gift ideas that give back. What’s really unique about all these stylish philanthropic finds is that 100% of the purchase price (less taxes and all related expenses) goes directly to benefit various causes. It’s the perfect way to give something special and something back this Christmas!
- Greeting cards - Holiday Reindeer Greeting Cards $15 for a box of 25. 100% of proceeds will benefit Ovarian Cancer Research Fund.
- Holiday Treats – For Giving Souls Hot Chocolate Trio $14.95. The Hunger Site will donate 25 cups of food to the hungry for each trio purchased.
- Stocking Stuffers – UNICEF Jungle Soft Toys $9 - 100% of sale proceeds benefit the work of UNICEF
- Gifts for Kids – J.K. Rowling’s newest book, The Tales of Beedle the Bard, $9.35. Net proceeds will go to the Children’s High Level Group, which helps children in Eastern Europe.
- Gifts for Her - JUICY Couture Canvas Tote. $55.00 100% of profits after all related expenses benefit St. Jude Children’s Hospital Research.
- Gifts for Him – Tommy Hilfiger Limited Edition Necktie $24.50. 100 % of the proceeds are donated to Dress for Success Worldwide.
- Secret Santa Gifts - Noodle and Boo Believe Honey Soap Bar $12. All Proceeds go to the Raise Your Hand Campaign which is building a water purification system in Heeraraa, Ethiopia.
- Gifts for the Family Pet - Dog T-Shirt $26.00. 100% of proceeds go to Love Without Boundaries – A charity that helps the orphaned children in China.
- Employee Gifts - Gift of Hope: Night Before Christmas Mug Set. $12.99. Every penny of profit from your Gift of Hope purchase goes directly to diabetes research.
- Wrapping and packaging – Reusable Holiday Felt Bags Starting at $3. 100% goes to Benefit St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Nicole Bouchard Boles is the author of How to be an Everyday Philanthropist (Workman, 2009), with more than 300 ideas for low-cost, everyday ways to make a difference. www.nicolebouchardboles.com
Stay tuned for an interview with Nicole Bouchard Boles, coming next week!
Check our weekly post at The 405 Club for some free fun!
Have you finished your Holiday shopping? Have you thought about helping others while you shop? Share your thoughts in the comments.
For additional links to frugal tips and tricks follow me on Twitter. If you would like to contribute to FrugalNYC in any way feel free to contact me via email. Click here to add FrugalNYC to your RSS reader or Subscribe to FrugalNYC by Email.