Quick Tips!

Great DVD Player, Great Price

|
We recently bought a Coby DVD-224 Compact DVD Player and have been very happy with the product.  I bought this to replace an old, semi functioning DVD player that was twice its size.  The old player used to play everything we threw at it, but in the recent months, it has started skipping and not reading certain disks.
We always try and fix what we can, but due to the age and original cost of the previous player, it was not worth fixing.

I'm a big fan of Amazon, so I figured I check Amazon to see if I could find something low cost.  Since we have kids who tend to put all kinds of disks in the machine, we did not want to buy anything too fancy.






The ratings and reviews on Amazon for the Coby DVD-224 Compact DVD Player were very good. I also saw comments about using this to play DVDs from all regions.  So I bought one.  I've been happy with the purchase since.  If you are looking for a low cost and yet a great product, I definitely recommend this Coby DVD player.  The only down side I have seen is the remote.  The fast forward and rewind buttons could have been done a little better.  They should have added a 2x speed button instead of making you hold the fast forward button.

This product has the following great features:
  • Compact size and weight 2.5 lbs
  • Plays all disks, including DVD, DVD R/RW, CD, CD R/RW, and JPEG Disks
  • PAL and NTSC compatible
  • Parental Lock
  • Progressive Scan
  • 110/240V Can work in any country - so if you go on a trip and want to bring it along, it will work
  • Region free.  I have not tried this, but if it works, it will play any overseas DVDs you have!
If you bought a DVD player recently, what did you buy and why?  Do you own the Coby DVD-224 Compact DVD Player? Why did you buy it? Let us know your thoughts in the comments.

For additional links to frugal tips and tricks follow me on Twitter. If you would like to contribute to FrugalNYC in any way feel free to contact me via email. Click here to add FrugalNYC to your RSS reader or Subscribe to FrugalNYC by Email.

0 comments:

Older Articles in Archive