Quick Tips!

Beginner Photography Book

|


If you have an interest in Photography, as nearly everyone seems to these days, a great beginner photography book I recommend is The Complete Idiot's Guide to Photography Essentials.  It is an amazing introduction into photography in a small bundle.  It gives you many tips that you will continue to use as you progress in your hobby in photography.

In chapter 10 of the book, the author says "If you are interested in really learning how to use lighting, then still lifes offer a unique learning experience that you will be able to apply to all of your photography.", which sounds like great advice.  It's tips like this that make me want to pick up the book again and again.  Combine that with the instant feedback of digital photography, the reason photography has bloomed so fast, nearly any "idiot" can learn lighting properly.  I'm really just a beginner when it comes to photography, and I find this book very helpful.  The book gets some great ratings on Amazon.com.

There are numerous great tips in this book that can be used by beginners like myself and advanced photo enthusiasts who have been in photography for some time.  This book is geared toward enthusiasts who want to learn how to control and get the most from their DSLR.  Many of the concepts are applicable to any camera you use of course, that's why it's an "Essentials" book.  If you'd like to see what I've shot, take a look at my other blog - VGA Photos, be warned, I'm a beginner!  They are all raw shots with no post edits or touch-ups.  If you know of a great book or other resource on how to do touch-ups for beginners, I'd be very happy if you let me know.

One of the main reasons I am interested in digital photography is because it does not cost much financially.  It is a Frugal hobby for me.  New York City offers a great canvas to paint your photo skills on.  We no longer have to spend thousands of dollars on equipment just to get started in photography.  Learning the basics is what I'm currently doing and you can only do that by "doing".  To learn anything properly, you need to DO that thing daily.  I take shots daily, which is why I started the VGA Photos blog.

Have you read The Complete Idiot's Guide to Photography Essentials? If so, what did you think of it?  If you have not, I think it is a great read and a good reference, pick it up!  What other beginner photography books or resources do you recommend?

For additional links to frugal tips and tricks follow me on Twitter. If you would like to contribute to FrugalNYC in any way feel free to contact me via email. Click here to add FrugalNYC to your RSS reader or Subscribe to FrugalNYC by Email.

0 comments:

Older Articles in Archive