This year Winter Jam NYC will be held on Saturday February 7, 2009 from 11 am - 4 pm at East River Park! Last year this event took place in Central Park. This event gives New York City's residents a chance to enjoy winter sports and other activities for FREE! So bring your kids and enjoy a day of free winter sports and other activities!
- A snowboarding competition
- Snowshoeing and cross-country skiing
- A snowman making contest
- Live music and many other activities
You can find out some additional details here.
Directions by Subway:
- Take the F or V to 2nd Avenue – Lower East Side, walk East on Houston, and cross the pedestrian bridge into East River Park.
- Or you can take the F, J, M, Z to Essex Street – Delancey Street, walk North on Essex, walk East on Houston, and cross pedestrian bridge into East River Park.
Hope you see you all there! If you were at last year's event, please share your experience in the comments. For additional links to frugal tips and tricks follow me on Twitter. If you would like to contribute to FrugalNYC in any way (guest posts, articles, ideas, interesting links, advice, financial assistance, or anything else), feel free to contact me via email. Click here to add FrugalNYC to your RSS reader or Subscribe to FrugalNYC by Email.
Photo by Jenny Downing