Quick Tips!

GTD - Getting Things Done

|
Photo courtesy of Teo


I wrote a little bit about GTD in my post about Inbox Zero In Three Easy Steps. As I mentioned in that last post, GTD is a set of guidelines that David Allen talks about in his book "Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity". David Allen did a 46 minute video at Google, and you can find it on YouTube.

One of the best blog series I have read on GTD is written by Dustin Wax at Stepcase Lifehack. The series is called Back to Basics and I've listed all the posts to that series below, in the date order it was posted.
  1. Back to Basics: Your Inbox
  2. Back to Basics: Processing
  3. Back to Basics: Setting Priorities
  4. Back to Basics: Your Task List
  5. Back to Basics: Your Calendar
  6. Back to Basics: Your Weekly Review
  7. Back to Basics: Projects
  8. Back to Basics: Reminders
  9. Back to Basics: The Tickler File
  10. Back to Basics: The Big Picture
  11. Back to Basics: Procrastination - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
  12. Back to Basics: Reference Filing
Getting through this 12 part series by Dustin may take you some time, but I think its worth it. If there is enough of you who wants a shorter wrap up of this series, I may think about doing a series on it myself. Let me know what you think of the series and if you would like a short and concise series from me.

0 comments:

Older Articles in Archive